Re: I would love...

Batsis Manolis wrote:

> I would like to have the
> power to give a starting point and then have the image
> repeat itself from right to left or from bottom to
> top.

Yes. The problem with repeat-x and repeat-y as they stand is that when
you specify both,
you effectively get "tile" which may or may not be what you meant.

I'd like this stuff so I could do edge effects in css by doing something like

.edge {
	background-image: url("edge.png");
	background-repeat: repeat-left repeat-up;
	background-position: bottom right;
}

Of course, that would then raise the possibility that the pattern would
look wrong at the corner...
or maybe simply that one wants to do corner stamps, e.g. to get the
infamous rounded corner effect.

Is there any way to place a background image at each of the 4 corners of
an element at the moment...
or more to the point, support for more than one background image
positioned within a single element.

Seems we're missing a class of fairly common effects if not.

AndyT