!important ( was Re: Issue 1: Font-weight and headings)

On Jul 27,  5:41pm, Todd Fahrner wrote:

> FWIW, I think a user's !important declaration should have highest weight.
> There's no need for an authorial !important when author's normal
> declarations enjoy pride of place anyway.

What do people think about allowing !important in an author stylesheet. I
haven't seen it used except in test cases (but that could be because of
lack of support in the implementations).

For example, one suggestion (made on accessibility grounds) is to not allow
!important in author stylesheets. Or, to have a !essential or somesuch
which was only allowed in reader stylesheets.

Comments?