Re: beef with CSS-specified image URLs

On Jul 27,  6:14pm, Todd Fahrner wrote:

> When specifying an image in CSS (say, a background image, or a list-item
> marker), the URL given in the stylesheet is relative to the HTML document,
> not to the stylesheet, at least as implemented in NS4.

Is your complaint about NS4 or CSS1?

> The specification is unclear.

Really? While certain aspects of the spec are certainly unclear - and I am
always glad to hear about any parts of the spec that need clarification in
later releases - that part seems quite unambiguous:

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS1#url

  Partial URLs are interpreted relative to the source of the style
  sheet, not relative to the document

> I think CSS-specified image URLs should be relative to the stylesheet,

Good, because that is how they are supposed to be. I agree that this eases
maintenance.