Re: RDF Query -- possible WG charter draft for discussion

From: jo walsh <jo@abduction.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 11:32:11 +0000 (GMT)
To: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Cc: www-rdf-rules@w3.org

hello,

> Here are a few requirements that I would expect to see spelled out
> explicitly in the charter, which were not so in the draft:
> 2. All implementations must support at least all of the pre-defined XML
>    Schema simple datatypes.
>
> 3. Query results should be, by default, returned as RDF/XML, even if other
>    forms of representation are made available by particular implementations.

forgive any obvious stupidity from someone not deeply involved in the
process but i don't see the connection, utility or necessity that puts
these two 'requirements' at the start of an RDF query/rule language
standard effort. i feel wary of tight coupling to XML concepts in this
domain...

that doesn't even amount to 2cents does it :/...

jo
--
"Common sense won't tell you. We have to tell each other." -DNA