RE: SeRQL an RDF rule language: scoping Rules vs Query in W3C wor k

I'm not quite clear on the query:

Does this query give a sequence of "graphlets", one per soltuion to the FROM
clause, or a single graph of all the triples from all the solutions?

Another sort fo related question: in the case where the result of a query is
a subgrapgh of the original, does anyone know of any literature describing
algorithms for this subgraph calculation that is faster than simply taking
each solution and merging (that can lead to a lot of unnecessary work)?

	Andy