Re: What do the ontologists want?

From: tim finin <finin@cs.umbc.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 13:02:15 -0400
To: www-rdf-logic@w3.org
One thought I have is that we might differ about
what kind of ontologists we should be trying to
support.  There is a wide spectrum, from philosophers
to logicians to KR people (neat and scruffy) to DB
people to Java programmers trying to build a better
web site.

We want to be sure that we don't focus to obsessively
on the philosopher end and thereby fail to give the
work-a-day practitioner anything that makes a difference.