Re: What do the ontologists want (what URIs denote)

pat hayes wrote:
[...]

> The relationship between a URL and the
> file it locates is not the same as that between a logical name and
> what it denotes

Er... huh? To me, the whole premise of rdf-logic is that
the relationship between a URI (URL, if you like) *is*
the same as that between a logical name and what it denotes.

> (for example, the locatee is not determined relative
> to an interpretation, but is fixed by the operational circumstances.)

Ben Grosof suggested to me (in the RDF IG meeting in
Cambridge in Feb) that having a "standard interpretation"
for a large class of logical names is not unusual;
i.e. we can take those "operational circumstances"
as an interpretation.

Not so?