Re: RDF vocabulary definitions

At 7:45 PM -0800 2002-11-20, Richard H. McCullough wrote:
>I am still baffled by your RDF-MT equations.
>Are you saying that
>     rdfs:Property is an individual of rdfs:Class
>instead of
>     rdfs:Property is a subclass of rdfs:Class

Yes. rdf:Property is a resource. Its type is rdfs:Class.

A point of clarification: I am neither the author of RDF-MT nor a
member of the working group. I'm just applying the forms given in the
document and my own understanding.

>I'd like to stick to identifying the nature of rdfs:Property & rdfs:Class,
>since I know that they are concepts, and I know what concepts are.
>I do not know what your RDF-MT symbols are.

A property is represented by a resource with the type rdf:Property.
It can be used as the predicate in an RDF assertion. A class is
represented by a resource with the type rdfs:Class. It can be used as
the value of rdf:type.

PS. It's rdf:Property, not rdfs:Property.

--
Dave Menendez - zednenem@psualum.com - http://www.eyrie.org/~zednenem/