Re: RDF vocabulary definitions

Re: RDF vocabulary definitionsAha!

You are saying that a resource is the name of a concept,
and that rdf:Property is such a name, and is an individual of the class rdfs:Class,
which is a class of names.
You are further saying that the extension of rdf:Property, i.e., its meaning, is
not a subset of the meaning/extension of rdfs:Class.

If I am making the correct interpretation here,
this is an attempt to separate the name of a concept from the concept that it refers to.
That's fine if you're concerned with the dirty details of how to manage names.
But if you want to make statements about reality, you can't separate the name & its concept.

I am led to the following conclusions.
rdfs:Class is the class of all class names -- basically a tool for bookkeeping -- as divorced as possible from the real world.
rdf:Property is a word, and in that sense is an individual of the class rdfs:Class.
However, the meaning of rdf:Property, which is the meaning of the concept that it refers to,
is the class of all properties.
The set of all properties is a proper subset of the set of all existents (Things), so
    rdf:Property  rdfs:subClassOf  rdfs:Thing
is true.
But the set of all properties and the set of all class names have no real relation between them, and
    rdf:Property  rdfs:subClassOf  rdfs:Class
is false.

Somebody correct me if this is yet another misunderstanding of rdfs:Class.

Dick McCullough
knowledge := man do identify od existent done
knowledge haspart list of proposition