N3 and N-Triples (was: RDF in HTML: Approaches)

On Monday, June 3, 2002, at 01:41  AM, Patrick Stickler wrote:
> I would, thus, not like to see any N3 or NTriples used as primary
> representations for RDF that are interchanged by real systems.
> N3 and NTriples are not standard encodings for interchange. RDF/XML
> is. And that's what folks should be using in a global context.

Ugh, what FUD. N-Triples is the only decent standardized interchange
format for RDF. RDF/XML is both difficult for machines to parse and for
humans to write. N-Triples at least gets one side of the equation right
(N3 gets the other).

Perhaps we will be more "interoperable" if we stick with RDF/XML, but I
think that's rather meaningless since it will only be adopted by the
tiny community we already have. If we want more people to adopt RDF
we're going to have accept that the old syntax is flawed and move on.

--
Aaron Swartz [http://www.aaronsw.com]