Re: DAML+OIL and the nested element conundrum

> Hi Uche,
>
> At 21:09 20/11/2001 -0700, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
>

> >[...]
> >      <rest>
> >       <List rdf:about="http://www.daml.org/2000/12/daml+oil#nil">
> >      </rest>
>
> The rdf:about looks right to me.  Its a typed node.  The RDF validator at
> http://www.w3.org/RDF/Validator/ also agrees with you, once the '/''s are
> added to fix the xml.

Thanks.  For a moment I thought I might be losing my head.

It's probably worth noting why this error annoyed me so.  DAML+OIL is quite
nice, and a solid step up ftom the amorphous RDFS, IMO, so it's quite painful
that the current examples, and even normative references have so much about
them that obscures understanding.  Questions such as the ones I posed and
others came up as I was providing instruction on DAML to a group that stands
to do very significant things with DAML.

I will note, however, that I've decided to do something rather than just
whinge about the state of DAML explication.

Stay tuned...

4735 East Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80301-2537, USA
XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management