Re: What are allowable property URIs?

Graham Klyne <GK@NineByNine.org> wrote:

> Not every URI can be used as an RDF property identifier in the RDF
> syntax.  e.g. http://acme.com/property/
>
> The model doesn't have this restriction, that I can see, which suggests a
> mismatch between model and syntax.
>
> Is this on the issues list?  Should it be?

I think it should. One of the things that was nicest about the N3 syntax was
how easy it was to talk about arbitrary URIs. This is notably missing from
the RDF syntax, since defining properties requires the difficult use of the
somewhat incompatible XMLNS system.

I don't know how to solve this, but it would be nice to have it fixed along
with the other URI/property issues.