Re: validating RDF syntax with XML Schema

Dan Brickley wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, Dan Connolly wrote:
[...]
> > RDF Syntax: An XML Schema Approach
> >     in progress Aug 2000
> > http://www.w3.org/2000/07/DAML-0-5-syntax
[...]
> Can we mechanically fabricate the XML Schema for each RDF
> namespace? ie. given a list of properties, classes (and other
> resources) described by the RDF, can you auto-generate the XML Schema?

Almost... the trick is deciding which syntactic
variant of propertyElt you're using... for
example, these are both RDF properties, but
I've declared one to be propertyEltRef
(i.e. <first resource="..."/>) and
the other valueObj (i.e. <rest><rdf:Description>...</></rest>).

| <element name="first" type="rdf:propertyEltRef"
|	 equivClass="rdf:propertyElt" />
|
| <element name="rest" type="rdf:valueObj"
|	 equivClass="rdf:propertyElt" />

	-- http://www.w3.org/2000/07/hs78/kif.xsd
	v 1.3 2000/08/13 19:19:20

You can use xsi:parseType in the instance to
say otherwise for a particular propertyElt.

My intution says that rdf:parseType and
xsi:type should evolve to be the same thing.

--
bind default <http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/kb>
<mailto:connolly@w3.org> is mailbox of