Re: RDF An opportunity

My dear Sankar,

Sorry to say so, but it happens to be that certain things in the world are complex and can only be
understood by some experts. If it wasn't for these people, you wouldn't be driving a car now for
example. A car is a complicated device, just by the cheer fact that lots of people could not build
one. Does that mean that cars are not to be used? Wrong! Just provide an easy to understand manual
on how to use this machine. No need to go into the details of the internal working.

Now back to RDF. The core RDF model (using tripples) is extremely easy. Any kid can associate 2
entities and name the association. Kids tend to say: 'I like mum". Well kid, you just made a tripple
here! We only have to make people realize that we are constantly thinking in tripples without even
realizing it! If you draw all these triples on paper, they will get connected with each other and
you get a graph.

It is very important that we humans start learning to think graphically. The RDF model is just a
hardcopy of your brain's neural network. Studies have already proven that humans are creatures that
store knowledge via associations. Tripples are a form of association. That's how we function. Could
it be more natural to model data via a mechanism that we got from mother nature?

You say that graphical user interfaces are just to hide the 'ugly' syntax. I couldn't disaggree
more. The graphical picture is what can really boost RDF to success! A picture says more than 1000
lines of text!

It is time that we start modelling the world in a graphical way because this is how we function!
Anyone who tells me that RDF is too complex denies his own brain mechanisms. As we say in Belgium:
"Knowing yourselve is the start towards wisdom"...

Regards,

Tom.

P.S. There are people who, independantly from RDF, are launching a promo campaign to get people
thinking graphically. Surf to

www.inspiration.com

I think this speaks for itself (and definitely in favor of RDF).