Re: Missing test:entailmentRules arcs

Sandro, thank-you for your comments, and for taking the time to run the
test cases.

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Sandro Hawke wrote:

> The following entailment tests are not really defined (and dont work
> in my test harness), since they have no entailmentRules data:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/datatypes/Manifest.rdf#test008
> http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/datatypes/Manifest.rdf#test009

The intention is that in the absence of other entailmentRules, simple
entailment is used. I note that that condition is missing from the test
case document through editorial oversight; my proposed fix is to add the
text,

[[
In the case that no test:entailmentRules elements are present, the rules
of simple entailment as specified in [RDF-SEMANTICS] are used.
]]

> http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/rdfms-xmllang/Manifest.rdf#test007a
> http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/rdfms-xmllang/Manifest.rdf#test007b
> http://www.w3.org/2000/10/rdf-tests/rdfcore/rdfms-xmllang/Manifest.rdf#test007c

Again, these tests demonstrate the distinction between language-tagged
and non-language-tagged plain literals, and should be viewed as simple
entailments.

With the addition of the above editoral fix to the test case document,
would your concerns here be addressed?

Unfortunately, I have a very good idea how fast my keys are moving.