Re: pfps-15 say anything quote

From: Frank Manola <fmanola@mitre.org>
Subject: Re: pfps-15 say anything quote
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 15:45:25 -0400

[I'm not particularly worried about the caveat stuff.]

> > I wish that the Primer didn't use URI references without fragment IDs so
> > much.  I think that it would also be a good idea to use the redirected
> > versions of the DC elements, as they are URI references with fragment
> > identifiers.
>
> It seems to me there'a reasonable distribution of both kinds of URIrefs,
> and since both kinds are legal, and the WG hasn't taken an offical
> position (as far as I know) on this issue, I thought I'd better be
> "unbiased" in the Primer (Syntax is similarly "unbiased").

This use of URI references without fragment IDs can lead to a
confusion between documents and resources.  It is not a big issue for me,
but it may be for others.  (Who, apparently, have not complained.)

> I'm not sure what you mean about "the redirected versions of the DC
> elements".  As far as I know, the official URI assigned to the DC terms
> continues to not use fragment IDs, e.g.,
> http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/title.  Can you clarify?

When I type http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/title in to my browser, the
URI that comes back is http://dublincore.org/2003/03/24/dces#title, which I
think is much in keeping with the RDF philosophy on such URIs.

> --Frank

peter