Re: [proposal to close] pfps-22,pfps-23: "reserved names in abstract syntax"

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 12:37:30 -0400 (EDT)
"Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com> wrote:

> This wording is much better.  After fixing the link to RDF Syntax it even
> meshes pretty well with that.
>
> I do, however, suggest changes to RDF Syntax, Section 5.1. Something along
> the lines of
>
> 	The RDF vocabulary consists of names from this namespace that are
> 	used in the RDF specifications.
>
> instead of the last sentence of the first (non-note) paragraph of the
> section would make it minimally acceptable.

I think your are referring to 5.1 of the last published syntax WD:

[[The RDF Namespace URI Reference is
http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns# and is typically used in XML
with the prefix rdf although other prefix strings may be used. The
namespace contains the following names only:]]
-- http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#section-Namespace

That has already been updated for the vocabulary and namespace terminology
separation in the current editor's draft to

[[The RDF namespace URI reference (or namespace name) is
http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns# and is typically used in XML
with the prefix rdf although other prefix strings may be used. The
vocabulary identified by the namespace name contains the following names
only:]]
-- http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/TR/WD-rdf-syntax-grammar-20030117/#section-Namespace

I don't seen any real further need to change this last sentence apart from to
define the RDF vocabulary properly:
 [[The RDF vocabulary is identified by this namespace name and
  consists of the following names only:]]

Which I have done.

The "used in the RDF specifications" doesn't bring much value.  The other
specifications can say if they use it, it doesn't belong here.

Dave