Re: pfps-04

>On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 23:03, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>
>[...]
>
>>  Therefore for the RDF entailment rules to be complete, no XML Literal can
>>  have a character string as its denotation.
>
>Right.  The denotation of an XML Literal is an octet sequence, as
>defined by the xml canonicalization spec, see the note in:
>

>http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/TR/WD-rdf-concepts-20030117/#section-XMLLiteral
>
>Pat, does this suggest deleting from section 3
>
>[[
>This terminology is deliberately agnostic as to whether or not XML data
>is considered to be identical to a character string; note however that
>the XML data values corresponding to well-typed XML literals are in
>precise 1:1 correspondence with the XML literal strings of such
>literals.
>]]
>
>The statement you make is correct, in that the terminology is agnostic,
>but its also unnecessary and maybe a little misleading.

Yes, I am happy to do that.  Done.

I've kept the 1:1 remark - Jeremy vouches for it - as I use this in
the proof appendix.

  http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes/RDF_Semant_Edit_Weak.html

Pat

IHMC	(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501			(850)291 0667    cell