Re: `alternate' vs `alternative' (was Re: WD-rdf-syntax-grammar-20030123: RDF/XML with HTML and XHTML)

>>>Dave Hodder said:
>
> On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 08:11:38PM +0000, Sandy Nicholson wrote:
> >
> > While I'm also in favo(u)r of consistency with the XHTML 2.0 draft and other
> > publications of the W3C, I am more concerned that the word `alternative'
> > should be used in preference to `alternate' in this and similar instances.

<snip/>

> For what it's worth, the 'Alternate' link type has been defined since
> HTML 4.0 as follows[1]:
> [1] <http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40-971218/types.html#type-links>
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-xhtml2-20030131/abstraction.html#dt_LinkTypes>

I linked to some of these in:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-rdf-syntax-grammar-20030123/#section-rdf-in-HTML

but as far as I recall from an earlier reading, the linktypes have
changed somewhat between HTML (2, 3.2, 4, XHTMLs) versions.  This is
more under control of the HTML WG than something RDF Core can define.

Please can we move this discussion to www-rdf-interest.

Cheers

Dave