Re: Confusion about Collections

Shelley Powers wrote:

> The concept of Collections is introduced in this set of documents, but the
> coverage of same across the docs seems to be incomplete. For instance,
> rdf:nil is discussed in the Vocabulary document and in Semantics, but its
> only reference in the model syntax is the change item. Syntactically, how
> does rdf:nil work?
>
> In the primer, the word 'collection' is used for describing the collection
> of attributes (properties) for a resource. This will cause confusion for
> those who read about Collections, and then see collections. Semantically,
> according to the documents, the two are not the same (sorry, Pat, couldn't
> resist).

Actually, if they read front-to-back, they'll see collections, and then
read about Collections.  However, I take your point (Collections were
added after most of that earlier stuff was written, and you run out of
synonyms after a while).  How does "group" strike you for the generic
term (can't use "set";  can't use "Bag")?

> I would strongly recommend that the Primer author consider using another
> term, and also add additional material about Collections. I would also
> recommend additional coverage of Collection within the Syntax document to
> bring it more closely inline with the coverage of same in Semantics and in
> Vocabulary.

I'll fix the terminology.  As it happens, I'm working on the Collections
material right now.  What additional material about Collections would
you suggest?

--Frank