Re: Comments on RDF Concepts and Abstract Data Model

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:

> First, the new test cases working draft (of 20021112) does not even contain
> the string 'equal', so I don't see how a notion of equality helps in the
> test cases.
>
> Second, I note that the test cases working draft does, however, talk about
> graph isomorphism.  I maintain that this notion is a *much* better notion
> for use here, particularly as it cannot be abused by developers and users
> to give cover to illegal uses of syntactic (un-)similarity as semantic
> (un-)similarity.

Ah - if I might step in here. I've been upbraided over my use of
"isomorphism" by at least one user of the test cases. Now that Jeremy's
text is in place, it is my intention to define the parser tests in terms
of "graph equality" as defined by the concepts document: ie, to use what
is effectively the same definition, but to point to someone else's text
and let them take the flak for it :-)

Unfortunately, I have a very good idea how fast my keys are moving.