Re: Regarding new working drafts

At 08:03 14/11/2002 -0600, Shelley Powers wrote:
>Rather extensive release of new working drafts.

Yup - there's a lot to read.

>  In addition to the effort on
>the book, I'm writing an article about this release for O'Reilly Network for
>next week.

Cool.

>I had some questions related to a RDF release timeline:
>
>- how is this going to impact on your schedule? What is your new schedule?
>The page still reflects a September finish for the working group.

The microschedule section of the WG page is the most information I have at
this time.  We are hoping to move forward quickly, but that depends on what
last call feedback we get etc.

I should also make it clear that the microschedule is a stretch goal for
the WG, rather than a prediction of what will happen.

>- I read with concern the comment from Dan Connolly when he was discussing
>reviewers, "Or do we expect the next one to be substantially different?" Are
>we back to the beginning with a whole new round of documents with this
>release?

If I recall correctly, Dan's comment was specifically concerning the primer
about which he has some editorial concerns.  I'm afraid I don't understand
your question in the last sentence.

>- can we expect the implementations related to RDF -- the APIs and the
>tools, applications, etc. -- to be able to focus in on these releases
>without too much concern for future refinements of the documents?

The WG believes that it has resolved the technical issues that it faced and
has written these up in the recent swathe of WD's.  The intention is that
the technical content of these documents will not change significantly,
though there may be editorial changes.  In other words we are not planning
to change what we say (much), only how we say it.  All that of course, is
dependent on what feedback we receive on these documents.

Does that help?

Brian