Re: The first sentence

On Monday, October 28, 2002, at 08:29 AM, Seth Russell wrote:
> The Resource Description Framework (RDF) is a language for
> representing information on the Internet.

What is "the Internet"? If I use RDF to transfer information over a
crossover Ethernet cable on Mars, is that information "on the
Internet"? How about:

The Resource Description Framework (RDF) is a language for representing
information.

That's not really true, though. It's not a language, it's a format, but
really a framework. And it doesn't really represent information, it
encodes it.

The Resource Description Framework (RDF) is framework for describing
resources.

Much better!
--
Aaron Swartz [http://www.aaronsw.com] "Curb your consumption," he said.