Re: RDFCore WG: Datatyping documents

John F Schlesinger wrote:

> Jonathan said: "Please do not bind the "xsd" prefix to the
> http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#
> namespace name."
>
> As a result of this Sergey said: "I'm going to replace xsd: by rdfdt: in
the
> next revision of the document."
>
> Please let us not forget that the prefix 'xsd' is purely conventional and
> has no semantics except when related to an xmlns attribute. It is
perfectly
> correct for RDF data types to associate xsd with
> http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#

Simply, the URI prefix http:.//www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema is the domain of
the W3C XML Schema WG. What makes you think anyone outside this group ought
be able to publish URIs that start with this string?

Ought I be able to erect a mailbox next to your house and suffix your street
number with 1/2 -- its only half a number change eh?

Aside from the confusion that binding a well known prefix ("xsd") to a new
URI would generate, why on earth would you want to bind such a prefix to a
URI which differs by a single character? Are you trying to generate software
bugs, or merely obfuscate the RDF work?