Re: name change

At 13:46 -0700 2002-03-02, Lofton Henderson wrote:
>Thanks to all for a productive and successful meeting.

Yes it was really good.

>The only real downside that I see is this:  we have started to
>generate publicity about "P&O", and have published "P&O" in /TR/.
>Changing the name now could create confusion amongst those who
>aren't paying close attention.
>
>What do you think?

I don't know What's the policy to change a shortname. But I think we
really need a shorter name that the one we have. There's also the
fact we have a family of documents.

Lofton, could you put the "title/topic" of the seven documents here.
So it will be easier to define names. When people are coming with
seven names, I always think to Les Pléďades and this group of seven
poets. The movement has been created in 1556 by Pierre de Ronsard. He
has chosen the name related to the greek mythology : "Les Pléďades"
are the seven names of the girls of the greek god Atlas, who has been
transmuted as stars.
	http://www.ras.ucalgary.ca/~gibson/pleiades/pleiades_myth.html

The name of the Poets are:
-----
Pierre de Ronsard
Joachim Du Bellay
Étienne Jodelle
Jean-Antoine de Baďf
Jacques Peletier du Mans
Rémi Belleau
Pontus de Tyard
------

The name of the sisters are:
--------
Alcyone
Asterope
Celaeno
Electra
Maia
Merope
Taygete
--------

:)

But you have also 7 day names in a week, the 7 major sins, the 7
hills around Rome, the 7 world wonders, the 7 samourais :)))

So the name is important and if it's enough short, people will be
more inclined to use the name we have chosen and not a name they
found by themselves because the first was too complicated to say. :)

--
Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager
           http://www.w3.org/QA/

      --- Be Strict To Be Cool! ---