Re: inference rule markup in W3C specs?

MathML supports implication, and the difference between an implication
and an inference rule is quite smooth (it is most a matter of notation).
If you strongly plea for having a specific markup for inference rules,
I guess the issue could be considered inside MathML.
Since we have MathML, it would be nice to be able to use it wherever
it makes sense (i.e. in every context where you need some mathematical
content).
More generally, the MathML WG is becoming sensible to the problem
of extending the content language beyond the K12 fragment.
My only fear, in this case, is that the "intended domain" is not
so clear to suggest a sufficiently standard and uniform content markup.
Do you have a clear idea of what you need? For instance, what
kind of datatypes would you like to consider? Would you like
to work in a typed or an untyped formal setting? etc. etc.

In any case, a strong coordination with the MathML WG is surely
auspicable. Maybe we can try to create a small task force of people
interested in this issue. But the first problem is surely to
have a beeter understanding of what you (we) are looking for.

						-- andrea