Re: Translation of working draft "Specifying Language in XHTML and HTML Content"

Hmm, the content language is not for the most part anything other than
human, unless it includes snitches of code.

So I still think "natural" is sort of excessive, but anyway, not important.

Thanks.

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar@hotmail.com

>Hi,
>
>At 20:09 9/03/2007, CE Whitehead wrote:
>
>>Hi, when I emailed you before requesting to translate the working draft,
>>"Internationalization Best Practices: Specifying Language in XHTML & HTML
>>Content"
>>(http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-i18n-html-tech-lang-20060721/)
>>I was told not to translate a working draft as such was subject to change;
>>then in another discussion someone mentioned that links to such
>>translations were welcome through the email at the discussion list for the
>>working draft.
>>
>>(...)
>>Also a question about "the natural language of the content"--what other
>>languages are used in the content?  So this was really a question about
>>wording; thought "natural" was redundant here.)
>
>This refers to "human language", as opposed to computer languages, so
>"natural" is not redundant, although I find it a misnomer [1].
>
>Best regards,
>
>Christophe
>
>[1]
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-international/2007JanMar/0028.html
>
>--
>Christophe Strobbe
>K.U.Leuven - Departement of Electrical Engineering - Research Group on
>Document Architectures
>Kasteelpark Arenberg 10 - 3001 Leuven-Heverlee - BELGIUM
>tel: +32 16 32 85 51
>http://www.docarch.be/
>

>Disclaimer: http://www.kuleuven.be/cwis/email_disclaimer.htm

Rates near 39yr lows!  $430K Loan for $1,399/mo - Paying Too Much? Calculate
new payment
http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-18226&moid=7581