Re: Off topic; Re: Dropdown Menu Trouble

Arjun,

Arjun Ray wrote:

> >From  http://www.w3.org/Mail/Lists.html
>
> : www-html (Archive)
> :        This is the public mailing list for technical discussion
> :        among those interested in enhancing the Hypertext Markup
> :        Language (HTML) or building systems that support HTML. It is
> :        explicitly intended for the collaborative design of new
> :        systems, software, protocols, and documentation which may be
> :        useful to the HTML developer community.
>
> Granted, it doesn't say "this is not an on-line help desk" or "this is
> not where people answer questions about problems with Netploder" or
> "this is not a source of free lessons in elementary RTFM", but I think
> it's pretty clear that subjects like how to get dropdown menus or
> scrolling tables to work aren't really on-topic.

Your opinion is respected, but I still disagree. Your tone is not
respected, though.
That sarcasm about telling the W3C they have the list description all
wrong is uncalled for.
Just help people out if you want to. Don't if you don't want to. How does
that play out for you?
I figure if you have time to respond to my message, you at the very least
had enough time to delete any message that might have offended your
singular importance in this development community.

The message conveyed to Nir Dagan was:
If someone asks a question, and you answer it, don't write the list
implying that you shouldn't ask that question to the list.

What part about that can't you understand? You seem like a smart enough
guy in your recent posts. Why start acting like a jackass now?

I don't mind bringing up for discussion, either, that you just wrote the
list arguing what we should use the list for, and then posted a
description of the list, which in no way at all says "we should use the
list to talk about what the list is for"... And I am doing the same thing,
but at least I'm not a hypocrite for it. Again, if you want to help
people, then do it. Otherwise, please stop whining.

If it is possible for you, have a good day,
-Frank