Re: Off topic; Re: Dropdown Menu Trouble

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Francis X. Speiser Jr. wrote:

> Your opinion is respected, but I still disagree. Your tone is not
> respected, though.

Killfiles help.

> That sarcasm about telling the W3C they have the list description
> all wrong is uncalled for.

It wasn't sarcasm.  I admit the allusion was veiled, but lately I've
been hearing more and more about how lists are if not should be what
the members make of it, original charters or guidelines being just
fossils anyway.  Well then, why not help preventing people who might
read the description at W3C from being misled?

> The message conveyed to Nir Dagan was:
> If someone asks a question, and you answer it, don't write the
> list implying that you shouldn't ask that question to the list.
>
> What part about that can't you understand?

All of it.

> I don't mind bringing up for discussion, either, that you just
> wrote the list arguing what we should use the list for, and then
> posted a description of the list, which in no way at all says "we
> should use the list to talk about what the list is for"

The Subject header has 'Off topic' in it.

Arjun