Re: Off topic; Re: Dropdown Menu Trouble

1. Off topic is a matter of degree, it is not a variable that
   is assigned a zero or one. Therefore it is useful to answer some
   off topic questions. Also answering to the list reduces the number
   of private responses that the first poster may get.
   There was a quotation I wanted to bring but Arjun Ray already posted it.
2. I never claimed that the question was ridiculous.
3. My opinion on usability was
   presented in the context of the problem at hand: if no frames and
   drop down menus were used, no problem would have happened. There is
   particular reason that my post should answer only the exact
   technical question, and proposing an alternative solution based
   on my usability opinions seems appropriate. Actually, it is in my view
   a much better solution than the technical one. It not only solves the
   web designer's problem but reduces also those of the potential users
   of his site.

But lets stop here as it is getting more and more off topic.
Nir.

At 04:18 PM 2/15/00 -0500, Francis X. Speiser Jr. wrote:
>Don't
>tell a person their question is off-topic for the list, and then answer the
>question on this list.

Nir Dagan
Assistant Professor of Economics
Brown University