Re: LINK REL=ICON and other absurdities

From: Benjamin C. W. Sittler <bsittler@prism.nmt.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 1995 09:05:34 -0600
To: david <david@bacall.nepean.uws.edu.au>
Cc: www-html@www10.w3.org
Okay, ARG probably isn't a good idea. But I think there still needs to be
some way to pass browser-specific information. Should this be done in
stylesheets? (That's how Arena and NaviPress handle this situation.) In
that case, is it okay for a document to have links to more than one
stylesheet?

For example, suppose I was using a browser that supported autofollowing
LINKs. That is, a certain LINK would be followed after an inactivity
timeout. Where should the information be stored?

META?

--
Benjamin C. W. Sittler
   "I have great confidence in fools -- self confidence my friends call it."