Re: Including WOFF in ACID3

From: John Hudson <tiro@tiro.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 10:47:26 -0700
CC: www-font@w3.org
Håkon Wium Lie wrote:

>  > I'd like to see Acid 4 limit itself to actual W3C web recommendations.

> That would make the test much less valuable for interoperability
> purposes. For example, JavaScript is essential for today's web apps
> and it's not a W3C Rec. The same goes for TTF/OpenType, the payload
> which WOFF carries.

That's reasonable, but I think the documentation of the test should
clarify the status of the individual test objects, vis ā vis web
standards, and explain what is being tested and why. Testing handling of
TTF/OTF as a delivered payload is different from giving the impression
that the test requires a browser to support download of raw TTF/OTF files.

JH