Re: Rumours of the death of "new, professionally designed typefaces" are perhaps exaggerated?

On Thu, 2009-08-06 at 16:02 -0500, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> >> Do you have any reason to believe that authors in the wild would ask
> >> for that?  Or is this just part of your charming hypothetical?
> >
> > Not exactly either.  Rather:
>
> So, to answer the question I posed: no, you don't have any reason to
> believe that.  Why did you pose such a scenario if you don't believe
> that it's true?

As I explained, because of the brick wall of an
impasse towards which EOTL is speeding. The
suggestion is for a significant step towards
breaking that impasse.

You went on to say that you don't believe that impasse
exists - that I am the only one concerned about
EOTL's connection to EOT.   There have been many
messages on the list that contradict your belief.

-t