RE: EOT & DMCA concerns

On Tuesday, August 04, 2009 5:29 PM Thomas Lord wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 17:22 -0400, Levantovsky, Vladimir wrote:
> > Thomas,
> >
> > I believe all prior discussions has made it clear that browser
> vendors have no
> > interest in supporting EOT,
>
> They have no interest in implementing it's "protection"
> features and wish to steer clear of the patent issues.
> If those obstacles are cleared, the situation changes
> and then it is they who merit criticism rather than
> EOTL backers.

This is exactly the reason why EOT-Lite is introduced, it clears the "protection" issue by taking it completely out of the picture, and there are no patent issue to consider because not a single piece of technology in EOT-Lite is patent-protected. According to you own admission, with the original obstacles been cleared the situation changes and there is nothing that might prevent EOT-Lite be implemented by all UA vendors.

Regards,
Vladimir