Re: A way forward

Sylvain Galineau wrote:

>> Er, what? EOT-Lite fonts cannot be used if a EULA specifies that
>> same-origin restrictions are required, since legacy versions of IE
>> won't enforce any form of same-origin restriction.  Are you saying
>> that's incorrect? Or that the example was incorrect?

> If the EULA requires same-origin restrictions, then Firefox is the only browser
> that can implement EOT-Lite and comply with this EULA in the very near term.

> And that's a problem for you why ?

It is also a licensing issue, not a format or implementation issue.
Single-origin checking is something that font developers want and may
indeed put into standard license agreements for web fonts. On the other
hand, we are aware that it won't be backwards compatible, and if there
are customers who have specific compatibility needs then custom licenses
are possible. A license might even specify exceptions to the
single-origin checking for specific browser versions. This is a decision
font makers will need to consider from a business perspective.

John Hudson