Re: .webfont Proposal 2

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 6:39 PM, Håkon Wium Lie<howcome@opera.com> wrote:
> Specifications should describe the bits that cross the wire, and what
> is presented on the cavas. Outside of that, specs shouldn't make
> demands. IMHO.

Many specs have UI requirements of various sorts.  E.g., CSS 2.1 says
that "If the source document comes with alternate style sheet sets
(such as with the 'alternate' keyword in HTML 4 [HTML4]), the UA must
allow the user to select which style sheet set the UA should apply."
I guess you could say that this should be a "should" requirement, not
"must", but I think it's perfectly fair for it to be stated in the
spec.