Re: Same-origin policies (Re: The other party in all this)

Bert Bos wrote:

> "Ownership" isn't exactly the word I'm looking for, but the adoption of
> CORS to express licenses implies that the author of http://example.com/A
>  has a certain right over http://example.com/B (or vice versa, depending
> on which links to which). That would depend *only* on the similarity of
> their URLs, CORS offers no way to negate that relation.

> The Web architecture document[1] says that such inferences from URLs
> should not be made.

Which makes perfect sense, given the issues you describe. An inference
of rights or responsibilities for content based on the URL isn't
possible, for either technical or legal purposes, but in terms of
tracking down who might be responsible CORS seems to me helpful.

JH