RE: Fonts WG Charter feedback

On Tue, 2009-06-30 at 21:37 -0400, Levantovsky, Vladimir wrote:
> I want to say that I absolutely support with both hands what Thomas has proposed.
> I also think there is also a way to merge this and Jonathan's proposal so that we would get "wrapped(compressed(X))", which is both useful as a generic wrapper format and provides real tangible benefits for both authors and users.

> Thank you, Thomas!

Well, thank you!

I remain extremely skeptical of the utility of
font-specific compression here so I am not fully
behind precisely what you say but we seem to be
very close to agreement.   You could argue for
font specific compression and change my mind
or drop it and either way I would be happy.

Regards,
-t