Re: the alternative?

From: Erik van Blokland <evb@knoware.nl>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 96 23:00:04 +0200
To: "Lee Quinn" <lee@sq.com>, "w3" <www-font@w3.org>
>Yes.  Of course, that's not the example I was thinking of, since those
>companies might not want their fonts distributed.  But suppose I put a
>site for people interested in X Files (a popular television programme), and
>use the deranged typewriter font `Trixie' for all the headings.  A viewer
>might well say, hey that's neat, where do I get that font?, click on
>the Document information button, and be told that they can download Trixie
>if they are very tall and can pay $40 to LETTEROR... and they like the
>font enough that they do.
What a neat proposal! I was just thinking of the wrong examples. Now I
understand!

 :)

Lee, you're right. It won't solve embedding, but you're right.

erik van blokland, LettError type & typography
Home of the Randomfonts, Trixie, BitPull & GifWrap.
   letterror http://www.letterror.com
   typelab   http://www.dol.com/TypeLab/