Re: FW: FW: XQuery WG Comments on DOM Level 3

On Monday 11 August 2003 7:02 pm, Walter Lindsay wrote:
> Christian,
> This might be of interest to you.
>
> Walter Lindsay
> Director of Engineering, Contivo, Inc.

Hi,

Well, yes, it's surely nice to hear about any activity right now, but esp. in
my case I can't do help/contribute/ nor test a Java API since I am developing
in C++ and though all the W3C API's I implemented (or I am working on) are
implemented in C++. I do not believe that a Java (exclusevily) designed API
can be mapped onto other programming/scripting languages.

Is there any working draft out there yet? Because I would like to implement
the XQuery(/XPath2) API in my library  ;)

Thanks,
Christian Parpart.

> At 10:53 2003-08-07 -0700 Thursday, Walter Lindsay wrote:
> >Here's a comment from someone on the DOM public list:
> >
> >all in all, I would highly appreciate to see a DOM XQuery Module for
> >accessing
> >the XQuery functionalities. This would also provide a common/standardized
> >API
> >for script/application coders to easily access data using XQueries ;)
> >
> >Greetings,
> >Christian Parpart.

- --
 11:41:24 up 87 days,  2:42,  0 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00