Re: PROPOSAL: Procedure to Promote Progress With Accessibility Issues in HTML5

Hi, Cameron-

Thanks for bringing this discussion down to brass tacks.

I would personally think a useful final step would be a way to merge in
sections of drafts from multiple sources, not just fork Ian's draft.
That way, when people vote on draft features, they would be comparing
apples to apples... the results could be folded into the HTML WG draft
(which of course Ian is welcome to fold back into the WHATWG draft,
since he is committed to keeping the W3C and WHATWG drafts the same).

I like the idea of multiple editors, since it gives people the
opportunity to engage in productive activities rather than distracting
arguments.  I would, of course, expect the same high quality of
specification from any proposals as I have come to expect from Ian's
draft; this quality should be in both the technical material, and also
in the spec precision, and as close to the editorial voice of the spec
as possible.

When this group was just starting, there was agreement that there would
be at least 2 editors.  Since David Hyatt has not had time to
participate in the specification process (though he is an active
implementer), I think it's appropriate for us to open the door to
multiple editors, as Sam has done.  Making concrete ways to facilitate
that, as Cameron suggests, is the next logical step.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs