Re: [whatwg] Creative Commons Rights Expression Language

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 17:11:23 +0900
Cc: "'Ben Adida'" <ben@adida.net>, "'Bonner, Matt'" <matt.bonner@hp.com>, "'Julian Reschke'" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, "'Ian Hickson'" <ian@hixie.ch>, "'Dan Brickley'" <danbri@danbri.org>, "'Tab Atkins Jr.'" <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "'Henri Sivonen'" <hsivonen@iki.fi>, <www-archive@w3.org>
To: Kristof Zelechovski <giecrilj@stegny.2a.pl>

Le 25 août 2008 à 16:56, Kristof Zelechovski a écrit :
> I can see no way for scientific journals to include RDFa information
> in HTML
> because they usually do not use HTML as a primary medium.  They have
> their
> own established ways to express information about published content;
> their
> HTML counterpart, if any, should use HTML+CSS to do it the same way.
> The gain from including license information about bibliographic
> references
> is actually a loss (of clarity) to me.  This information should be
> available
> where the referenced publication appears, not where it is referenced.

Been there, done that.
You should read about

* Science Commons
   http://sciencecommons.org/
* Peer Review debate from Nature
   http://www.nature.com/nature/peerreview/debate/
* At articles repositories such as
   http://cdsads.u-strasbg.fr/
   http://www.aanda.org/
   http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/ApJ/
   + the thousands of personal pages where share the list of their
articles.

--
Karl Dubost - W3C
http://www.w3.org/QA/