RE: [whatwg] Creative Commons Rights Expression Language

From: Kristof Zelechovski <giecrilj@stegny.2a.pl>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 09:56:57 +0200
To: "'Ben Adida'" <ben@adida.net>
Cc: "'Bonner, Matt'" <matt.bonner@hp.com>, "'Julian Reschke'" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, "'Ian Hickson'" <ian@hixie.ch>, "'Dan Brickley'" <danbri@danbri.org>, "'Tab Atkins Jr.'" <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "'Henri Sivonen'" <hsivonen@iki.fi>, <www-archive@w3.org>

I can see no way for scientific journals to include RDFa information in HTML
because they usually do not use HTML as a primary medium.  They have their
own established ways to express information about published content; their
HTML counterpart, if any, should use HTML+CSS to do it the same way.
The gain from including license information about bibliographic references
is actually a loss (of clarity) to me.  This information should be available
where the referenced publication appears, not where it is referenced.
Chris