Re: Web Forms 2 reviews - which version of WF2?

aloha, geoffrey!

i realize that not everything in TR space is a technical
recommendation, and i know the difference between an editor's
draft and a public working draft, having worked on several TRs
myself; my concern was/is that the "occasional updates" aren't
being pushed to w3c space...

i did address the chairs of both the Forms and HTML working groups,
as well as the staff contacts for each on the public-forms-tf:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-forms-tf/2007Sep/0000.html

what concerned me about WF2 versioning, and the reason i raised
the issue on public-html, is due to the fact that there have recently
been several reviews of WF2 posted to public-html, and i want to
ensure that EVERYONE is working off the same document...

it wasn't easy to find the 12 october 2006 draft -- only in response
to an open inquiry in W3C IRC space (#html-wg), when the editor of
the draft was on IRC, was i able to find the latest draft, and not
through the agency of the editor, but through the assistance of a
fellow HTML WG member...  it is certainly NOT in an obvious place,
nor the is the dev.w3.org URI the most stable...

all i want/wanted to accomplish is to pin down precisely which
document version we should use, and what changes have been made
to the 21 august 2006 draft, and why it isn't in html/wg space
with the editor's draft of HTML5

it is precisely the versioning nightmare you outlined that bothers
me about the reviews -- how are we to review a moving target, without
knowing in which direction to aim?

i also am at a loss as to why you pointed me to DanC's "take a deep
breath and relax" post -- i only took the issue to the list when
individuals began posting detailed reviews of WF2 to public-html --
otherwise my posting would have been limited to the post cited
above in the public-forms-tf archive...

gregory.
BRAIN, n.  An apparatus with which we think we think.
              -- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
Gregory J. Rosmaita, oedipus@hicom.net
  Oedipus' Online Complex: http://my.opera.com/oedipus/