Re: Web Forms 2 reviews - which version of WF2?

On 2 Sep 2007, at 19:52, Gregory J. Rosmaita wrote:

> i only just discovered the second version during the IRC aftermatn of
> the HTML WG teleconference -- my question to the chairs, and editors
> is, which draft should be the basis of WF2 review and the basis of the
> joint task force's work?  if the later version, could it be pushed to
> TR space?  it took a direct inquiry for me to locate the CVS version,
> and if that is to be considered WF2's baseline, it desperately needs
> a more citeable URI, but more importantly, if it was pushed to CVS
> space, why was it not subsequently used to update the draft at its
> default location (in TR space) -- was this simply an oversight, or is
> there someone who could shed more light on this dichotomy?

/TR/ are technical reports, such as notes, working drafts, and
recommendations (see the process document for further details). Not
every editor's draft is a working draft. Simply, the latest WF2 draft
hasn't been put forward as a WD, and therefore isn't a technical
report. As far as the argument regarding citable URIs, the same could
be applied for HTML 5 as a whole (which is currently only in W3C CVS/
WHATWG SVN).

Also:

> In order to keep public-html@w3.org focussed on the technical
> work of this group, I encourage everyone to take process
> issues up directly with the involved people and/or the chairs.

-- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Aug/0669.html

- Geoffrey Sneddon