SPARQL query to calendar Re: toIcal.py - failed attempt of using it

Le 26 nov. 2006 à 03:14, Dan Connolly a écrit :
> On Nov 24, 2006, at 3:34 AM, Karl Dubost wrote:
> [...]
>>     from __future__ import generators
>> SyntaxError: from __future__ imports must occur at the beginning
>> of the file
>
> I've seen symptoms like that reported in public-cwm-talk when using
> swap with python 2.5; I think somebody sent a patch.
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cwm-talk/2006OctDec/
> 0003.html

Ah thanks I will try it!
Today if I have a bit of bandwidth.

>> I gave up. Do you have any ideas to improve it?
>> I was thinking about writing in the comments of the program a link
>> to a Web page with all the required dependencies.
>
> You found all the required dependencies.
>
> Is the public-cwm-talk mailing list hard to find? I wonder why you
> didn't send your message there, and/or www-rdf-calendar.

hmm good question.
I used this program because dom recommended it, so my starting point
is a mail. And inside the program comment, there's nothing which says
send your feedback to public-cwm-talk or www-rdf-calendar.
I also thought, should I send to www-rdf-calendar, but in a second
thought, I decided not thinking it will be too much hackery for a
discussion list. Maybe I should have.

I guess we more awareness ahead in the code or/and the pages
explaining the project that would help to get the feedback where you
would like to do so.

Apologizes for any troubles.

> What is it that you're trying to do?

A bit more context, it is for my review work on specification.

-> SPARQL request on tr.rdf
    curl -o lastcall.rdf 'http://www.sparql.org/sparql?query=…SPARL
request…'

         #  SPARQL query for Deadline on Last Calls
         PREFIX rec: <http://www.w3.org/2001/02pd/rec54#>
         PREFIX dc: <http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/>
         PREFIX cal: <http://www.w3.org/2002/12/cal/icaltzd#>

         CONSTRUCT {[] a cal:Vcalendar; cal:component [a cal:Vtodo;
         cal:summary ?title; cal:dtstart ?deadline]}
         FROM  <http://www.w3.org/2002/01/tr-automation/tr.rdf>
         WHERE {
         ?LastCall dc:title ?title .
         ?LastCall rec:lastCallFeedBackDue ?deadline .}
         ORDER BY ?deadline

-> lastcall.rdf to lastcall.ics
    python toical.py lastcall.rdf > lastcall.ics

So I get a calendar of every Last Call Deadlines, which helps me to
track which ones are urgent to review and I might not have done.

Probably, I should also create my own rdf file with what I have
reviewed, but I'm not sure where to start yet.

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***