Re: Issue 221: Moving forward

I prefer the following that Noah and I discussed in one of the email
threads. It preserves the resolution semantices but uses the same
terminology as the rest of the spec (e.g. SOAP receiver instead of
Receiver, PIII instead of PIs) and reads better IMHO:

"SOAP messages sent by initial SOAP senders MUST NOT contain processing
instruction information items. SOAP intermediaries MUST NOT insert
processing instruction information items in SOAP messages they relay.
SOAP receivers receiving a SOAP message
containing a processing instruction information item SHOULD generate a
SOAP fault with the Value of Code set to "env:Sender". However, in the
case where performance considerations make it impractical for an
intermediary to detect processing instruction information items in a
message to be relayed, such intermediaries MAY leave the processing
instruction information items unchanged in the relayed message."

Marc.

--
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>
XML Technology Center, Sun Microsystems.