Re: questions about "Languages with Self-Reference I" (Perlis85)

On Sat, 21 Sep 2002, Sandro Hawke wrote:

> > Note: I have CC'd a public archive [1].  If you CC it on your reply,
> > it will be permanently archived on the web and thus much easier for me
> > to refer to and share with people.  Feel free to omit it if you're
> > more comfortable answering privately.  Don't worry about addressing a
> > wider audience in a CC'd reply; the archive is understood to simply
> > contain e-mail that people are willing to have kept around for future
> > reference.
>
> Note to self: this is a poor way to address this problem.  Much better
> would be to simply ask at the bottom: "May I archive your response on
> the web as part of my research notes, or would you prefer I keep it
> confidential?"

I thought it worked quite well. Particularly as anyone replying and
copying www-archive will get a msg from gerald's list archive permissions
system, so advance warning is useful.

Dan

ps. this is my favourite mailing list...

--
mailto:danbri@w3.org
http://www.w3.org/People/DanBri/