Re: libXm.so.1 error and Amaya on Linux

 [ Note: it's www-amaya@w3.org not www-amaya@w3c.org ... ]

> I am running YellowDog Linux (kernel 2.2.6-16bpmac) on a PowerPC 603e
> chip.  I obtained, configured, compiled, and installed LessTif (v 0.91)
> without incident.  I then obtained the source code for Amaya
> (amaya-src-3.1.tar.gz).  I followed the directions outlined in the
> README.amaya.  The configure, compile, and install seemed to go without
> incident.  However, when I attempted to run Amaya, I got the following
> message:
>
>  amaya: error in loading shared libraries: libXm.so.1: cannot open
>
> I checked the Options file used during the make only to find that all
> necessary paths were correct.  The LessTif install designated
> libXm.so.1 as a link to libXm.so.1.0.2.  As a test, I copied the actual
> file as libXm.so.1 but I still encountered the above error.   Please
> note that this dependency error also kept me from installing a
> precompiled version of Amaya 2.1 from an rpm.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?  Any help is appreciated.

  I dunno what you are doing wrong, if any. For some reason the
shared libray loader either don't find libXm.so.1 or can't load it,
see the man page of ldconfig for more informations.

Here is what I suggest:

    - Install the PPC version of OpenMotif:
  http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/linuxPPC/contrib/software/Libraries/X11/openmotif-2.1.30-1.ppc.html
      You may have to remove lesstif first to avoid file conflicts ...
      rpm -i ftp://rpmfind.net/linux/linuxPPC/contrib/software/Libraries/X11/openmotif-2.1.30-1.ppc.rpm

    - grab the latests amaya sources RPM
      ftp://rpmfind.net/pub/amaya/amaya-3.2-1.src.rpm

    - then as root, try a rebuild:
      rpm --rebuild amaya-3.2-1.src.rpm

    - if this works that generates an amaya-3.2-1.ppc.rpm
      install it

    - if the amaya binary produced works, either upload it to
      linux PPC contrib site or send me a mail so I get it to
      install it at ftp://rpmfind.net/pub/amaya/

 Daniel

--
Daniel.Veillard@w3.org | W3C, INRIA Rhone-Alpes  | Today's Bookmarks :
Tel : +33 476 615 257  | 655, avenue de l'Europe | Linux XML libxml WWW