Re: Amaya bombs out in Win95

Henrik Frystyk Nielsen, W3C wrote:
> Dr Jacques Steyn wrote in message ...
>
> >BTW I agree with Mario Alves that Amaya should focus on being a browser
> >-- and a proper one. Forget about your authoring service.
>
> The notion that "everybody can be a publisher" is fundamental to the Web
> and has been there from day one: Tim Berners-Lee's first NextStep browser
> was also a GUI editor. I agree with you that Web apps should be fast but
> what we can show with the latest Amaya is that by using an optimized HTTP
> protocol stack, editors don't have to be slow nor do they have to break
> the "browsing" mode of users.
>
> Henrik Frystyk Nielsen, W3C

I agree.

Amaya should focus on continuing to be the best cross-platform multi-view
editor available. Improvements to the browsing would be nice, but there are
more good browsers than good editors to choose from at the moment.

Scott Davis

Scott Davis					Phone: +61 8 8259 6360
Information Technology Division,                Fax:   +61 8 8259 5619
Defence Science and Technology Organisation
PO Box 1500
Salisbury, South Australia 5108		scott.davis@dsto.defence.gov.au